Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Two Day's Rest per Week

My compulsive side is freaking out at taking two - TWO - scheduled rest days per week. I will be going on slow meditative dog walks instead of doing sweaty calisthenics or running between five and ten miles. I'm also restricting my calories with the goal of lessening the strain on my overloaded knees; I was 129 lbs for turning 30, now it's six months later and I'm almost 10 lbs heavier, ugh.

And my skinny jeans are a little too tight, which is vexing.

I've added muscle since weighing in at 129, though. So I'd be happy weighing between 130 and 135? And also, to avoid injuring my knees - and other parts of me - in the future, I'm adding that second rest day to my weekly schedule. CRAZY I KNOW.

My periods actually attained an average cycle length - 28 days, down from my erratic 45 to 65 day polycystic cycle frequency - when I weighed approximately 130 lbs. Health! Wellness! Endocrine magic. I will sustain you, dammit.

Refined foods are rather toxic, aren't they? That sad, I have found that a Cliff bar slathered with a tablespoon of unsalted natural peanut butter is an excellent Insta-breakfast. Or afternoon snack. Protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals...and enough fat to keep one full for a few hours. Valuable stuff. Puck o' nutriments.

Tomorrow: As many Turkish Getups as possible with 15 lbs, with at least four sets of pullups - however many I can manage - and perhaps some Donkey Kick Static Holds to cool down. And an hour of dog walk, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment