Friday, July 3, 2009

Rob Roy


It's a Manhattan made with Scotch, and it's a Scottish folk hero! It's pretty tasty. The inclusion of the maraschino cherries is really growing on me - for better or worse. My recipe so far is:

1.5 ounces Scotch
1 tablespoon sweet vermouth
2 cherries
2 ice cubes

It's a party in a rocks glass.

Today is also a historic day, because I finally broke down and bought a quarter of a Boston Cream Pie from the Co-op. Three bucks for a giant slice of cake/pie is not a bad deal. And it turned out to be way tastier than I expected; the custard is whipped so it's not gloppy and gross as I anticipated. It was more like...dense whipped cream, I suppose. Spongy, moist yellow cake. And a nice chocolate glaze. I have the rest of the slice to eat tomorrow. It only took me three years to sample Boston Cream Pie, and it was just right! I am pleased. I'll put a picture up when/if I find a prettier slice that hasn't smudged its chocolate glaze inside a plastic container.

Finally, I exchanged the bag of rejected food at the fancy pet store. Found some lighter food, which Aster is excited about eating. She seems much perkier now. I'm SO RELIEVED. Perhaps we can try something like a regular dog-breakfast tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment