Monday, June 1, 2009

Beans and Rice, continued


Summer is starting to kick in; May was a gorgeous, perfect, wondrous month (aside from that week of rain, fine). Having recently come back to Mexican food, my staple diet continues to be salsa, tortilla chips, tortillas, beans and rice, tomatoes, and some kind of cooked green. Last night I made my usual lunch-in-a-box, but added diced and very good-looking zucchini: zuke, black beans, butter beans, brown rice, tomatoes, salsa, cheese. I could use more vegetable items in my diet, but the salsa is so flavorful. Beans and rice seems to go down real easy, too. For cheap.

But, adding the minced raw zucchini was great, because it cooked perfectly in the microwave at work. I'm awesome.

This morning I needed something especially substansive, so I made a quesadilla with more diced zucchini, tomato slices, salsa and cheese. The zuke cooked very nicely in the 'dilla. Good to know, good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment