Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fresh Corn and Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes


So I have been thinking of blueberry corn pancakes for a while. And the other day, I bought blueberries and fresh corn, and also found a recipe on epicurious.com. The recipe is from Bon Appetit, and involves the whipping and folding in of egg whites. Exciting!

Despite forgetting to add the egg whites for the first patch of cakes, my pancakes ROCKED HARD. Fresh corn I cut off the cob myself, very sweet and crisp. Blueberries from the pint container. Kept them warm in the oven while I finished the last batch. Drizzled them with molasses - since I'm out of maple syrup - and they're fucking fantastic. God, I love breakfast for dinner! And I don't even like pancakes generally, but I like these pancakes; they have texture, a vegetable element, a fruit element, a little bit of crunch... It's the perfect pancake, as far as I'm concerned. A glass of peach kefir cut with skim milk completes my dinner. I think I might have seconds.

The photo I took is so bad. I wait for a better camera phone from Craigslist!

No comments:

Post a Comment