Monday, June 8, 2009

Scavenger Score at the Workplace!

After a meeting of the Higher-Ups, what leavings! A fine Cafeteria-style Lunch Score:

My first course involved a tortilla filled with slightly pink real roast beef (as opposed to deli roast beef), iceberg lettuce leaves, pale tomato slices, and pale mystery cheese.

My second course involved a reasonably nice and crusty half-baguette with cucumber slices, a different kind of mystery cheese, and the unwanted "butts" of the roast chicken fillets.

My dessert involved a wedge of 7-layer bar about the size of a make-up sponge; one normal-sized M&Ms cookie; one Krackel mini, one Special Dark mini, and one Mr. Goodbar Mini.

Desserts redolent with palm oil and corn syrup. I suspect the 7-layer bars involved lemon as well as coconut, plus walnuts and...who can say. The meats and the baguette were the best parts, and if I hadn't been over-excited with the apparent bounty, I would have made wiser choices. For example, two baguette sections, heavy on cucumber, with a selection of the higher-quality chicken and beef (avoiding cold-cuts), the reddest tomato slices available, some romaine, and one mini candy bar for dessert.

Ah, but it was lovely to a have free lunch with so many options! I am pleased. Ravenous Workplace Vulture Points: +5

No comments:

Post a Comment