Saturday, June 6, 2009

Zucchini Tomato Madness


So summer doesn't begin officially until the 21st of June. But I'm feelin' it. The weather is absurdly perfect and temperate, meanwhile there's fresh zucchini and good-looking tomatoes at the Co-op. So I've been eating the beans, the brown rice, and tomatoes, zukes, garlic, and cheese. This is either a one-bowl meal (or work lunch), or it's a super quesadilla.

Also, it's cheap. Salsa, too. I recently tried some new tortilla chips with embedded, flattened peppercorns. Pretty tasty, gave the chips extra zip.

My brain is all cottony due to my cold, so I think I'll stop blathering.

O, there's tofu chocolate pudding, too. Choosing a milk chocolate hazelnut bar seems to cover up the "bean-y" taste of the silken tofu. Really fine, smooth, almost whipped texture after a bout in the food processor. Also makes a damn good tofudgesicle.

It will be exciting to exercise again, but for now, I must return to my sniffling and prone reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment