Friday, March 13, 2009

Calzones and Bleeding Calves

Wipe all Biblical imagery from your mind. After an aquarium jaunt, I was walking through bustling Haymarket during the selling of extremely well-priced fruits, veggies, and fish. I was specifically walking through the fish section when a woman carrying a bulging shopping bag hurried past me. Her shopping bag jostled my leg, at which time I felt a stabbing pain. I looked down, saw that my jeans were apparently un-punctured, said a little "Ow" to myself, and kept walking.

Ten minutes later, I was standing in front of a restaurant reading the window menu. And I felt something dripping down my leg. Looking down, I saw red spots soaking through my jeans. Without rolling up my jeans in public, I felt around and then looked at my fingers - quite bloody!

Once safely in the restaurant with food ordered, I fled to the restroom. Rolled up my pant leg. Was amazed to see two puncture wounds and a mostly-dry cascade of blood soaking into my sock.

My only question is, WHAT WAS IN THE FUCKING SHOPPING BAG. Was it knives? Skewers? Sharp pineapple tops? Fish with spiky fins?! WHAT WAS IT. OH GOD, WHAT WAS IT.

The cuts seem to be healing - they are barely even painful now. It's the curiosity that bothers me most.

My spinach calzone was minimalist and perfect. I should have taken a picture, but dammit, I forgot. Not even expensive. Huge, too big for the dinner plate it was served upon. All crusty on the outside, gooey on the inside, with beautiful fresh spinach. Basically a giant spinach-cheese pizza pocket, with marinara on the side for dipping. The remaining half will be a fine lunch tomorrow.

Also I had a decaf cappuccino. You have no idea how lame I felt ordering a decaf cappuccino! But I had no complaints; they even sprinkled some ground chocolate on top.

2 comments:

  1. are you ok?

    i think it was shark. or a rhinoceros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it healed. I don't seem to have tetanus. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete