Friday, March 27, 2009

My Fave Breakfast

Well, it's my favorite breakfast lately. Potatoes, Tuscan kale, and a foached egg! Maybe a little cheese on top. Dash of cayenne, a little salt. Amazing. Again I have snarfed it all down before taking a picture. But perhaps tomorrow - a picture is a good excuse to eat it again.

I slice up a baked potato and throw it into the frying pan with a little olive oil, salt, cayenne. Cook it until it's a little crispy on the outside. Put the already-steamed kale on top, mix it up a little to warm the kale without damaging it or overcooking it. Slide it hot onto a waiting plate, sprinkle just a teensy bit of shredded mozzarella. Then I use the still-hot pan to foach an egg. Egg sits happily on top of potatoes and kale, looks very pretty and appetizing. Multiple exciting textures and lots of protein and cooked-greens tastiness.

Hmm, and apparently Eating Well has a recipe for Kale & Potato Hash - similar concept, though they are all fancy and include scallops. I mean: shallots!

I could eat another plate of potato/kale/egg. But I'm planning on running a little later, so must go easy. Perhaps to the Cemetery today, for novelty.

Also enjoying some herbal Tulsi tea, the Licorice Spice flavor. I needed something to soothe my throat during those rough-and-gravelly moments. And this tea was on sale. The main ingredient is Holy Basil, along with ginger, cardamom, licorice, etc. It's very tasty. Doesn't require milk or sweetener to be appealing. Smells very pleasant and perfumes any area in which it brews. I like it.

Tulsi Licorice Spice tea, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment