Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chocolate Cake in a Mug


Some would say that you can't make a good chocolate cake - or a good anything - in the microwave.

I would have to agree with them.

The internet recipe for Cake In A Mug is below, and I don't advise following it. I improvised on the recipe - of course - by adding walnuts, chopped organic prunes, fancy cocoa, brown sugar, molasses... And still, my end product is heavy, rubbery, eggy, and sort of tastes like chocolate french toast in hell.

Tomorrow maybe I'll bake some cinnamon popovers and erase this chocolate cake from my mind. Forever.

Generic Cake-In-A-Mug Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons cake flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
1 Mug
Non-stick spray or butter for inside of mug

Mix and microwave for 3 minutes. Or save yourself the disappointment, and buy some of that perfectly fine No Pudge brownie mix. There's a recipe on the back of the box for single-serving microwave brownie-in-a-mug. And it's pretty good. Kicks Cake-In-A-Mug's Ass. If Cake-In-A-Mug had any ass. Which it doesn't.

Photo of mug-cake from www.ingredientchallenge.com - thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment