Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Food Blog, Cute Teapot


How have I missed the lovely food/travel blog, The Food Section? Who knows, but I've got it now. Actually I found it via subscribing TastingTable, an adorable quick-read email mini-mag about good food and drink. I am liking it so far. It is bite-size, formatting is no problem in my email, and I'm always glad I took the minute to read the article. Good stuff - here's a link to TastingTable, if you like - they have a No Spamming policy, too.

So The Food Section's article for today is about a cute teapot designed to brew your teabags...and then it has a cunning string holder, and a tilted interior shelf to drain and hold your teabag. You know, when you're done steeping and don't want your tea to get bitter. Because you're a tea freak who loves buying quality tea in teabags. Okay, I'm sure you can get quality tea in teabags, but I've read that teabag-tea is mostly the "shake", the broken-up little leaves and twigs. Whereas if you get the expensive loose tea, you're buying whole leaves and buds - fancier tea, true old-school tea.

Quick, somebody make a teabag joke.

A few days ago, I remembered that I had squirreled away plastic bags of Margaret's Hope 2nd Flush darjeeling whole-leaf tea, and also some fancy estate Assam whole-leaf tea. Though it may be a little old at this point, the tea is holding up well in its low moisture-environment. And it's tasty. I'm glad to finally use the unbleached disposable tea bags that the momster sent me for a holiday past. Yep. I'm rambling. I like tea. And I'm cutting down to one regular cup a day, since - WHO KNEW - even small amounts of caffeine contribute greatly to anxiety!

So now I can drink half my cup in the morning, and half my cup in the afternoon. And then stick to herbal tea, like excellent Yogi Tea (Rooibos) Redbush Chai! Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment