Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jackson Square Stop n' Shop

Saturday was fairly crowded, as expected. I did not see any reduced produce,which was sad. What was left out was wilted, but I did find some nice collards. Picked up exotic things that I can't find at the Co-op, like Champagne mangoes, canned bamboo shoots, and curry paste. Picked up red pears at a fair price. Bought some lemon creme sandwich cookies, and a container of Breyer's low-fat double-churned magnificence. Should have bought two, maybe I will next time. Ambrosia.

So now I am making red curry with my acquisitions. Mushrooms, bamboo shoots, broccoli, curry paste, a little sugar, coconut milk. I'm baking the tofu cubes, smeared first with a little curry paste for flavor. Hopefully they will dehydrate and brown a little, like last time. Then I will combine tofu and curry coconut mixture over short-grain brown rice. Hurrah. No picture, since again I have made glop. Now it's pink glop.

Jackson is going to be my primary access point for...low-fat ice cream. Without reduced produce at Jackson, I might as well just go to Hi-Lo and the Co-op. But the ice cream! Yes. Also, there was a sale bin at which I picked up some random but useful things, like a dented can of black beans and marked-down dog treats. Nothing to sneeze at.

I bought red curry paste this time, thinking it would spicier than green curry paste. WRONG. Red curry is mild. I have added some cayenne. Now I am just excited because of the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment